Tuesday, February 9, 2010

IMPLANT!!!

So I got such great advice from people about ways I can keep myself busy being a stay at home mom, that I just need to ask for more advice. When I was about 7 years old I ended up cracking one of my back teeth. The tooth ended up with a cavity on it and as time went on got worse. When I got old enough to take care of my own needs I had a really good job with great benefits, so I decided to take care of that roughen tooth. The dentist gave me two options, one he can do a root canal on it but a few years down the road it will just get bad again OR he could just remove it and I can get an implant later. He did informed me that option two would be costly, but I went for it anyways. I got the tooth removed and then time past and I got married and then a precious baby boy came along. I chose to quit my job that I was at for 3 years and become a full time mommy. With quitting the job that meant no more insurance for me, but I was ok with that. Until I realized I really needed that implant. With insurance the implant would have been about 1,000 dollars. I called today to get the price on implants without insurance and guess what it was 4,180 dollars!!! So my advice I would like to get from all of you is what are ways that I could earn that much money in a year without getting a full time job? I already do preschool but that only gets me $200 a month. So please, please anyone with advice please hit me up. Thanks! And if any of you are wondering why in the world I am going to get the implant here is why. My teeth will eventually start to shift to close in the hole and my teeth that were once in the back will be in the front. That would not be a pretty site.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly! If i was in your shoes i would start doing ebay. I have a neighbor who does it and makes bank doing it! Alot of the time she goes to garage sales and thirft stores buys some stuff then turns around and sells it for alot more than she spent! mydeartrash.blogspot.com go ahead and look at her blog she is a stay at home mom with 4 boys and a little girl on the way! let me know what you think! :)

Shari Romney Family!! said...

To me that dentist seems like he is charging a little more than other places. Have you called around to other dentist offices? Since we are self employed any type of insurance is so much money!! Daniel a couple months ago signed up for a year plan for a discounted dental plan. Its actually really resonable he payed like 40 dollars for the whole year I think. And the implant cost is about little over half less of the original price for a implant. Really I wouldnt mind paying around 1200-2000 for one. They also have a huge list of dentists you can choose from. I will see if I can get more info for you on that if your are interested.

~Shari romney

The Thompson's said...

i think i agree with the Ebay idea. you could sell junk or you could make hair bows and sell them.

Cassie said...

Learn how to take photos, even if they are just pretty good and people willpay to get you to take family pictures. If you charged $50 or $75 for a session I think you could get it. Doesn't Jared take pictures?

My bro-in-law buys books at DI and then sells them at Bookmans. He makes one to two hundred dollars a month doing that. Keep in mind you have to buy books first and then hope they will buy them from you. Maybe call and see what they need first.

Me said...

makes friends with a Dentist. Kayla got a lot of work done for Free. Not because we wanted it done for free we had insurance but the guy was in our ward and loved us so he wouldn't take payment. Your grandfather (my dad) told me - It is not how much money you have, it is who you know. I found this to be totally true.